Discreet, Strategic Criminal Defense Representation
If you have been charged with indecent exposure or lewd and lascivious conduct, you know how severe the penalties can be. You also know that there are implications — outside of the criminal penalties — that need to be addressed. It is essential for your attorney to be well-versed in the law to defend you against the criminal charges, but it is also essential to work with a Kansas City indecent exposure defense attorney who has experience handling this type of case with discretion. In indecent exposure cases, it is paramount that your attorney does not add to the public exposure you will likely endure as you face these charges.
Scared? Anxious? Confused? Help Is Here!
Anyone would be anxious when facing lascivious conduct charges. I understand the anxieties you are facing, and I can help. With 36 years of legal experience, I can help you minimize the damage that these charges can do to your life. I provide strategic, aggressive criminal defense solutions with discretion and respect for your public reputation. From my Kansas City office, I represent clients throughout Missouri accused of indecent exposure and lascivious conduct.
Common Sex-Related Crimes
At David M. Lurie, Criminal Defense Attorney and Counselor at Law, I defend clients against charges that include:
- Indecent exposure: Indecent exposure cases can include exposing yourself in a park or any public place where there is even a remote chance another person might see you.
- Urinating in public: Public urination cases can also include indecent exposure charges.
- Sex in public: Sex in a public place can include a motor vehicle, park, or any open or public area where there is even a remote chance another person might see you.
- Public nudity: Public nudity can include "streaking" or exposing your genitals or breasts of a female in a park or any public place where there is even a remote chance another person might see you.
- Cyber indecent exposure: With the growing popularity of the webcam, undercover police have begun trolling chat rooms looking for sex crimes. If you expose yourself to a minor, or have sexually explicit conversations with a minor, over the Internet or download, watch or view child pornography, you could be facing sexual misconduct.
Keeping Sex-Related Crimes From Remaining On Your Permanent Record
You do not want a sex-related crime on your permanent record if you can avoid it. For some, keeping a lascivious conduct or indecent exposure crime off the record is as important as avoiding jail time and other criminal penalties. Fortunately, in some circumstances, there are ways to prevent this crime from showing up on your permanent record.
Indecent exposure is a crime that often involves impulsive behavior, inspired by the loss of inhibition that comes with excessive alcohol use. Many charges involving lascivious conduct or indecent exposure are defensible, and it is possible to get a diversion in some instances.
Lee's Summit Lewd And Lascivious Conduct Defense Attorney
I offer free consultations so you can talk with an experienced Missouri lawyer about your claim. Call 816-221-5900 or contact me online to schedule your free initial consultation.