David M. Lurie
Criminal Defense Attorney
Free Consultations Individualized Attention Discretion on Every Case
Kansas City: 816-221-5900 Lee’s Summit: 816-525-1500
Scared? Anxious? Confused?

Representing Good People
Who Make Mistakes

Banner Image1
Banner Image2
Banner Image3

Representing Good People
Who Make Mistakes

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » Expungement

Expunge Your Criminal Record

The laws for expunging your criminal record or arrest record change with the times. Now, since it is easy for people like employers or landlords to get information on your criminal charges via the Internet, it is more important than ever to get your criminal record or arrest record expunged.

I am attorney David M. Lurie. I help individuals in Jackson County, Clay County, Kansas City, Lee’s Summit and other counties throughout Missouri and Kansas expunge their criminal records. I can help you if you have been arrested or convicted of crimes including:

  • DUI or DWI
  • Drug charges, including possession and trafficking
  • Traffic violations
  • Theft
  • Unlawful possession of a weapon
  • Assault and battery

How Long Do I Have To Wait To Expunge My Record?

There are certain requirements that you must meet if you wish to expunge your criminal or arrest record. The most significant is that you must wait a certain amount of time before seeking an expungement.

  • In Kansas, misdemeanor charges can be expunged after three years, and many felony charges can be expunged after five years.
  • In Missouri, misdemeanors can be expunged after three years, while most felonies can be expunged after seven years.
  • However, in both states, DWI and DUI charges can only be expunged after 10 years.

Don’t Let A Criminal Record Affect Your Future

Mistakes that you made in your past should not derail your future. A criminal record can pose significant challenges, including limiting your job prospects and the housing available to you.

Expunging your criminal record can provide a clean slate. It is in your best interest to work with an attorney who can help you expunge your record, allowing you to move away from your past record toward a better and brighter future.

Fight Your Ticket, Save Your Record

To see if your particular case is one that an experienced criminal defense lawyer can get expunged, give me a call at 816-525-1500 or contact me online to schedule a free initial consultation.