Scared? Anxious? Confused?
Representing Good People
Who Make Mistakes
David M. Lurie
- Sole Practitioner
Growing up in Springfield, Missouri , and being the son of a physician, left David with the inner drive to help and serve people.
Upon graduating in 1977 from the University of Missouri at Kansas City Law School , David made a commitment to take a holistic approach while effectively protecting clients' rights.
In his 45+ years experience as a criminal and traffic defense attorney, serving thousands of clients, only a handful of cases required trials. A majority of David's cases are able to be favorably plead out because of his individualized & comprehensive approach in helping his clients solve their legal problems. David's thoroughness with each client makes him a very effective criminal and traffic defense lawyer.
David's training, experience and fundamental belief in approaching each case with total honesty to the client, and attention to each detail with each individual case, has made David one of the finest negotiators in his field, enabling many of his clients to come through their legal ordeals with the least amount possible of negative impact on their records and lives.
In addition to David's extensive 45+ years of legal experience and training, he has 25+ years of specialized training in leadership and development - making his communication skills unsurpassed when working toward a favorable disposition with prosecutors and judges.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Internet Crime
- Sex Crimes
- Child Pornography
- Soliciting a Police Decoy
- Patronizing Prostitution
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Internet & Sex Crimes
- Patronizing and Indecent Exposure
- Telephone Harassment
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Firearms and Other Weapons Offenses
- Terroristic Threats
- Juvenile Crimes
- Stealing and Other Theft Crimes
- Probation Violations
- Bench Warrants
- Conspiracy and Aiding and Abetting
- Obstruction of Justice
- Disorderly Conduct
- Destruction of Property
- Missouri, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1977
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- B.A. - 1974
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Bar Association
- Jackson County Court Approved Mediator's List
- Landmark Education